So managed to swing some time to attend my first 8th Edition tournament, for those interested the rules pack can be found here.
Here are the other lists I am considering B, C, all feedback welcome!
For those just wanting to read it here are the highlights:
Only the currently released Indexes may be used
No Forgeworld may be used
My list is going to be a mix of my MkIII, MKIV & MkX marines... being Ultramarines I would image they are the chapter most used to the Primaris marines and their integration into their battleline.
This is only version 1, and I have three others I need to decide on before I get to painting the models!
- Captain in Cataphratcii Armour, Combi Bolter, Lightning Claw x 1
- Primaris Lieutenant, Power Sword x 1
- Intercessor Squad x 5
- Intercessor Squad x 5
- Tactical Squad x 5, Combi Flamer, Flamer
- Tactical Squad x 10, Meltagun, Missile Launcher, Combi-Plasma
- Primaris Anicent x 1
- Sternguard Veteran Squad x 5, Plasma Gun x 2
- Contemptor Dreadnought, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon, Combi Bolter x 1
- Tartaros Terminators, Reaper Autocannon x 2, Volkite Charger x 1, Combi Bolter x 2, Power Sword x 1, Power Fist x 1, Lightning Claw x 3
- Inceptors x 3, Assault Bolter x 6
- Hellblaster Squad x 5, Plasma Incincerator x 5
- Predator, Predator Autocannon, Heavy Bolter x 2
- Drop Pod - Stormbolter
Total Points: 1992 / 2000
Total Power: 108
Total Deployment (min - max) 8 - 13
Command Points: 6
Those 8 points spare give me a little wiggle room on special weapons / combi weapons
Well it has the ability to deploy four units (five counting the drop pod) into the middle of your battle line in early turns, with some focused fire this should help speed bump advancing armies, and allow some serious firepower to come at them.
The risk is that its ultimately only going to be 19 models, which does leave them potentially isolated for counter charges & a shed load of shooting.
For dealing with armour I am partly relying on units like the Terminators / Hellblaster / Predator to deal with them, and I am still dithering over Lascannons or not.
In fairness the predators will likely keep their Predator Autocannon (the flat 3 damage is pretty awesome), but may end up with Lascannon sponsors, which would require me finding another 30 points from somewhere.
It shouldn't be a very static force (much like marines wouldnt be, but with the Heavy Weapons I can easily see the Predator / Hellblasters moving very little.
Armour, lots and lots of it could be a big problem for me, and if I can't get at the squishy centre then that is going to cause me problems
Hordes, I have no real meter stick at the moment for the number of models that will be in horde armies, so its going to be interesting to see how well this army does against swarms and swarms of Gaunts / Orks.
Any thoughts or comments?