Bonereapers - The Planning


So with some nifty gifts at Christmas, its time to start on my journey to a new army, the first one I have done since the Custodes came out a few years ago. 

This time its the Bonereapers (love the models) that have tempted me, and might actually mean I have an AoS army I am invested in, rather than just mildly interested in (sorry Stormcast!) 

Along side our clubs Resident Warhammer hero I have planned out the following list: 

Allegiance: Ossiarch Bonereapers
Legion: Petrifex Elite 

LEADERS 
Liege-Kavalos (200) - Artefact : Helm of the Ordained 
Mortisan Soulreaper (120) - Artefact : Luminscythe - Lore of Mortisans : Drain Vitality 
Mortisan Boneshaper (130) - General - Command Trait : Mighty Archaeossian - Artefact : Godbone Armour - Lore of Mortisans : Empower Nadirite Weapons 

UNITS 
15 x Kavalos Deathriders (480) - Nadirite Spear and Shield 
5 x Kavalos Deathriders (180) - Nadirite Blade and Shield 
20 x Mortek Guard (260) - Nadirite Spear and Shield - 2 x Soulcleaver Greatblades 

BEHEMOTHS 
Mortek Crawler (200) 
Mortek Crawler (200) 

BATTALIONS 
Kavalos Lance (120) 
Mortek Ballistari (100) 

TOTAL: 1990/2000 
EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 2 
WOUNDS: 121 
EADERS: 3/6 
BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) 
BEHEMOTHS: 2/4 
ARTILLERY: 2/4 
ARTEFACTS: 3/3 
ALLIES: 0/400

In Summary:

The two Battalions bring me to 3 drops total (with the Soul Reaper all on their own. All the Heros manage an artifact and the Ballistari should be survivable.


Two spellcasters, one with the aim to buff combat, and the other to do some damage. 

I am not sure that the numbers will work amazingly well, as I am relying on my Deathriders for all the big hits here! 

I went for the Elite for a couple of reasons, first off the +1 save is not something to be sniffed at, and the second is that I could get the Helm of the Ordained for the Kvalos.

The Helm is open to any Legion, but if I had gone for the Stalliarch Lords, he has to have another item, which changes my list up more than I would want! 

It feels similar to my Stormcast list in that I have a big unit (like the Evocators) that has to do its job for things to go well, although the Crawlers should prove interesting to use. 

I don't think this has any subtle tactics to be fair, and will be the first army i use with Battalions... again something new for me! 

Enjoying painting it so far, and will be interesting to see how it plays! 


Comments