30k Ultramarines - the Marines


I recently turfed out all of my marines so I could have a look at how my 30k army might work. And as i needed to get my transfers approach finally sorted out for them. 

The shot below shows you what I have assembled and painted.

This consists of:

Tactical Squad x 20
Tactical Squad x 20
Support Squad x 6 (Plasma)
Support Squad x 5 (Flamer)
Support Squad x 6 (Meltagun)
Support Squad x 6 (Volkite)
Heavy Support Squad x 9 (Rocket Launchers)
Heavy Support Squad x 6 (Heavy Bolters)
Veteran Squad x 10
Veteran Squad x 10

I also still have a 10 man Veteran squad to finish painting, plus a couple of Terminator Squads lying around. 

However this gives me a total of: 98 Marines, close to a full company excluding command structure. 



My current plan is to finally use all the transfers I have stored up, and get these lads all sorted, I also need to split the second 20 marine squad into two 10 marine squads, as the Ultramarines Rite of War I want means I need three compulsory troop choices. 

This is quite literally me retiring my standard marines to the Horus Heresy (as they were initially intended for), and letting my Primaris Marines do the brunt of the fighting moving forward. 

Comments