This manic painting week

So my painting table started out a little like this on Sunday evening. 


The list of things includes: 

5 Evocators
1 Knight Incantor
1 Lord Arcanum on foot
1 Celetian Vortex
1 Athervoid Blade
1 Cogs
1 Chains
1 Silver Swords

Depending on how I get on I might even get a unit of Liberators or Castigators painted for options... maybe! 

Here is a quick flow through of what I achieved in my rush to be ready for Saturdays deadline, and my first Age of Sigmar tournament! 

SUNDAY EVENING 


These were a lot of fun to paint, some early work in progress shots


Followed by progress moving towards completion. Although the Vortex will have more work on the hammers and potentially finished with a blue wash to keep in the colour of the whole spell. 



Here is everything that got paint to it on Monday. 

In total I didnt complete anything, but two Endless spells just need basing, and the Evocators / Incantor / Lord Arcanum now need the highlights on them. 

MONDAY EVENING



So monday night I got 2 out of the 5 movement trays mostly based... gonna need more texture paint I think at this rate! 


While also getting the Waystone green on the Pendulem, hammers painted in the Vortex, and the red cloak highlights applied. 




Most of the Stormcast now need the leather colours applying, with one missing the mettalic leadbelcher. Then it will be a tidy them approach, and paint the White tabards, prior to the Nuln oil wash, basing and weathering. More steps than even 5 years ago you would have heard me offering to do on a model! 



The shackles were interesting to paint, and I applied a couple versions of rust to them (magic and all that), then washed them with Earthshade, so tonight I get to see how that looks and has worked, and off to the side of this picture the Cogs got washed & based as well. 





The final shot from Tuesday night gives another view on the read cloth, the Silver Swords spell that got the technical paint applied to its base, while in the background you can see the Vortex now has Gold hammers, rather than half gold / blue that it had yesterday.

TUESDAY


So three nights left to go now, the work is slowing down as each task requires that little bit more attention and time, but tonight I really need to get the Stormcast detail finished, and the same for the Vortex. 




As you can see from the image above some of the movement trays got 'greened' with just the stormcast bases now needing this and the Celestian Vortex.




Not really captured here, but I have faces and hair to paint on three of the Stormcast and some additional details to capture on the Lord Ordinator before he will be complete. 

WEDNESDAY


This was a more challenging evening as i was travelling back from one my works other offices, meaning I am not home as early, nor able to start as promptly


So Wednesday night I got texture paint onto all bar one of the bases I have been working on. This meant that Thursday night could consist of finishing off the bases themselves. 







As you can see from the Lord Ordinator I also have to finish off the faces of the models without helmets. They are most of the way there with Skin, its now a case of hair and maybe if I am feeling adventurous Eyes & Teeth.... maybe. 

THURSDAY

So my thursday evening was taken up getting bases touched up around the sides, and the technical paint onto the movement trays (plus one or two others for armies I am not meant to be painting yet! 

What this means is that as of 9am Friday Morning I still have 8 models, 5 movement trays, 5 endless spells to bases fully, although that is just a drybrush and flocking so not too worried.

Well not worried about doing a couple, this many could prove fun! 


I also need to source a supply of Nuln oil tonight so I am not playing with Wet models tomorrow!


Comments