A Necron Dynasty - 1750 point army & paint scheme

So finally getting paint on my Necrons (cause finishing my Ultramarines, Stormcast & Adeptus Titanicus wasn't going slowly enough!)


This army is likely to get onto the table top this week against some Salamanders as part of our Vigilus campaign, it also means I need to pick a new hero so I can have a Custom Character for the event. 


Sticking true to my approach that actually I don't want to create an Overlord as my Custom Character (not yet at least), and I have picked a Destroyer Lord.

I haven't rolled my abilities yet, but I have broadly picked the equipment & dynasty that I'll be using for the duration of the campaign. 

Below is a first look at my army for Friday... not sure it will be great, and is greatly limited by the options that I have in my collection! 

Total points: 1745
Command Points: 9
Dynasty: Nephrekh

Battalion
HQ
Cryptek - Chronometron, Staff of Light
Cryptek - Canoptek Cloak, Staff of Light

Troop:
Immortals x 9, Tesla Carbines
Immortals x 9, Tesla Carbrine
Necron Warriors x 11

Elite:
Lychguard x 5, Dispersion Shields & Hypherphase Sword

Heavy Support
Annhilation Barge
Doomsday Ark

Outrider Detachment
HQ
Destroyer Lord, Warsyche, Phylactery, Warlord: Implacable Conqueror

Fast Attack 
Canoptek Acanthrites x 3
Canoptek Wraiths x 3, Whip Coils x 2
Canoptek Wraiths x 3 Whip Coils x 1

Elite:
Triarch Praetorians x 5, Rod of Covenant

Notes:
This list doesn't really do subtle, its a version of a Hammer & Anvil, with the Outriders forming the hammer, and the Battalion trying to form the Anvil. I don't think its going to be great at it, but it feels pretty fluffy from the perspective I want.

This time its really about understanding how Necrons play now. 

It also uses a load of units that i have never used in any version of Necrons, including Destroyer Lords, Doomsday Ark, Triarch Praetorians, Lychguard & the Acanthrites. 

I don't have much spare by way of models

Around 10 Immortals
Around 15 Warrios
3 Bases of Scarabs
1 Lord on foot
3 Tomb Blades - unassembled

But they give me a bit of an option if anything is truly underwhelming. 

Comments