Better late than never right?
So last year was an interesting one, I started out pretty strong with a clear view to the Grand Tournament final in May, and then attending the season again later in the year.
It didnt quite work out to play, although I placed better than expected at the Grand Tournament - 16th the tournaments that followed it quickly ran me into the ground, with me actually dropping out of two midway through (not any of my proud moments here).
That in itself pretty much killed me playing anymore games as since July I managed only 3 more games of 40k.
I had hoped for 1 game a week at the beginning of the year, I didnt quite make that, but 30 games isn't half bad given the length of time I just stopped playing!
2018 (8th Edition - P30 - W15, L13, D2, 50% Win Rate)
- Ultramarines vs Deathguard, VP's 10-7 - 2000 points, Friendly Game - Win
- Ultramarines vs Tyranids, VP's 0-20 - 2000 points, Friendly game Loss
- Ultramarines & Custodians vs Imperial Fists - Draw
- Ultramarines vs Chaos Space Marines - result - got to turn 2 before it ended - Draw
- Ultramarines vs T'au (1500 points) - Win
- Custodes vs T'au (2000 points) - 10-8 - Win
- Custodes & Ultramarines vs Deathguard - 8-6 Win (2000 points)
- Custodes & Ultramarines vs Imperial Fists - 22-8 Win (2000 points)
- Custodes & Ultramarines vs Alaitoc Eldar - 23-16 Win (2000 points)
- Custodes & Ultramarines vs Salamanders - Loss (2000 points)
- Custodes & Salamanders vs Deathguard - 16-4 Win (2000 points)
- Custodes & Salamanders vs Imperial Fists - 15-0 Win (2000 points)
- Grand Tournament Custodes & Salamanders vs Drukhari - 1-7 Loss (2000 points)
- Grand Tournament Final Game 2 vs Imperial Knights Win
- Grand Tournament Final Game 3 vs Aeldari Win 5-3 Win
- Grand Tournament Final Game 4 vs Astra Militarum 14- 7 Win
- Grand Tournament Final Game 5 vs Aeldari Loss - Table
- Grand Tournament Heat 1, Game 1 vs Imperial Knights - Loss
- Grand Tournament Heat 1, Game 2 vs Orks - Loss
- Firestorm Round 1 vs Astra Militarum - Loss - Tabled
- Firestorm Round 3 vs Imperial Fists - Win - Tabled
- Custodes & Ultramarines vs Deathguard - Loss
- Eternal Warrior Round 1 vs Adeptus Custodes & Astra Militarum - Loss - Conceded
- Grand Tournament 2018/19 - 1750 pts vs Imperial Knights - Loss
- Grand Tournament 2018/19 - 1750 pts vs Orks - Loss
- Grand Tournament 2018/19 - 1750 pts vs Word Bearers - Win
- Grand Tournament 2018/19 - 1750 pts vs Ultramarines - Loss
- Custodes vs Salamanders - Loss
- Ultramarines vs Word Bearers - Win
- Ultramarines & Salamanders vs Imperial Fists & Custodes - 4,000 pts - Win
Age of Sigmar
It might not have been a great year for 40k, but it was a decent one for Age of Sigmar, two games now under my belt, an upcoming tournament, nearly 2,000 points painted and a local escalation league kicking off I can see Age of Sigmar featuring in a bigger way for me this year!
This took me a while to get into, but I now have the beginnings of a decent maniple, with 2 Warlords, a Reaver, 2 Warhounds, 6 Knights & 2 Cerastus Knights ready to do battle.
Like Age of Sigmar I look forward to see how this plays out this year, and hope to arrange a weekend day of gaming through my local club to let us all really focus in on the Adeptus Titanicus game!
With 2 games of this played as well there is still plenty to learn (and paint!)
So for 2019 I have a few good ideas and aims:
- 52 games played this year, in any combination of Age of Sigmar, 40k & Adeptus Titanicus
- A fully painted 2,000 point Stormcast Army
- Stormcast Endless spells
- 5 Evocators
- 1 Lord Arcanum
- 1 Lord Ordinator
- Various Movement Trays
- A fully painted 2,000 point Adeptus Titanicus army
- 2 Warlords
- 1 Reaver
- 2 Warhounds
- 6 Knights
- 2 Cerastus Knights
- Finishing off my Ultramarines
- Marneus Calgar
- Victrix Guard
- 5 Hellblasters
- 2 Inceptors
- 10 Intercessors
- Primaris Librarian
- 10 MkIII marines