Custodes Patrol Detachment



So with the Grand Tournament around the corner (metaphorically speaking!)

Its time to look at what I want to change for me list. 

Previously dealing with long ranged threats, or advancing armies my list could do the business, the lasncannons & rocket launchers couple with Guilliman meant they were devastating if your dice held out (and your targetted the right thing!) 

However the one thing I couldnt do was reach out and touch the enemy army, with the release of the Custodes codex things have changed. 

I am re-writing my army to break it across the Ultramarine & Custodes in two or three detachments. 

Here are some thoughts for the Custodes detachment, which I am limiting myself to no more than 700 points! 

Option 1 - 660 points

Shield Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike with Interceptor Lance & Salvo Launcher
Custodian Guard (4), Guardian Spear x 3, Sentinel Blade x 1, Storm Shield x 1
Vertus Praetor (3), Interceptor Lance x 3, Hurricane Bolter x 3

This option gives me a mobile boost, with 4 guys on Jetbikes to threaten the enemy back line (and potentially tie up key units in combat

The Custodian Guard can be used to hold an objective for me pretty much anywhere on the table, especially as I will have access to one command point and Custode stratagems meaning these guys can deep strike! 


Option 2 - 661 points

Shield Captain in Allarus Terminator Armour with Castellan Axe
Custodian Guard (5), Guardian Spear x 4, Sentinel Blade x 1, Storm Shield x 1
Allarus Custodians (3), Guardian Spear x 1, Castellan Axe x 2

Not quite as much manoeuvring with this, but the Allarus terminator armour means I can drop the four guys down where I need them, they all have the ability to lock things up in combat, and in non kill point games I can split out the Custodians into three seperate units should they have survived the enemy shooting (potentially allowing me to tie up even more units in combat! 

I also have an extra Custodian Guard, increasing the ability for that unit to hold / take units as well.

Option 3- 622 points
Shield Captain in Allarus Terminator Armour with Castellan Axe
Custodian Guard (4), Guardian Spear x 4
Vertus Praetor (3), Interceptor Lance x 3, Hurricane Bolter x 3

Finally this combos Option 1 & 2 to allow me some fast moving firepower aligned with decent ability to hold an objective, and to deep strike the Shield Captain in to threaten the enemy back line as well. 

Comments