The Rant & Next Project

The Rant

So despite my excitement over Halo Ground Command, I took a big step yesterday...

My order is now cancelled.

Next up I will be stepping down as a Vanguard for Spartan... in the final analysis I feel I have to take a stand, with my wallet and a little bit of this blog around Spartan's handling of the whole pre-order situation.

They have plenty of reasons and explanations, but ultimately I have a limited Hobby budget, and while I dont mind pre-ordering things I do not like a shipping date to pass, and then an excuse to appear that they couldnt keep up with demand.

If you put up pre-orders you know what your demand is, which means you know what your likely shipping dates are from very early on.

Waiting to update people and tell them you can't keep up with demand is a sign of poor planning and preparation.

I love what Spartan do with their games, I love how Halo Ground Command plays, I love the models, the same goes for Dystopian Wars & Planetfall. It wont change me playing the games I have, nor will it change me keeping my eye on spartan in the future.

But it will prevent me from ordering or buying anymore of their stuff for the next few months... at least until I see how it all plays out.

The Next Project

The models below have managed to make me stop and look, and go as far as to make preparations to get back into 40k, Games Workshop haven't managed that in the last few years (since well before 7th edition came out).

So it looks like i have my army chosen (I love the idea of the Deathwatch and how I can incorporate marines / colour schemes from my opponents as future additions to my army).

It also means that I can look at breaking into an Ad Mech force which has been tickling at the edge of my imagination for a while as well.

I would expect a few more 40k posts going forward... now i need to find someone to take me through the nuances of the change from 6th to 7th edition.

In the mean time I will leave these pictures right here... I'm off to source a copy of Deathmasque to split with someone!





Comments

John Stiening said…
I hear you! I just bought my first new army in years. I love the new models. They are so characterful it was impossible to resist.