Gaming & Motivation

While I have had plenty of blips where I stopped posting for any number of reasons, I am now in one of my longest lull's in low volumes of Blog posts. 

A large part of my wargaming has always been from Games Workshop, however since January I have played no games with Warhammer or Warhammer 40,000.

I havent yet picked up the latest 40k rulebook, although I have recently borrowed it from my brother. 


In the last week of having it, I have managed to read a total of 5 pages of rules. I actually cannot motivate myself to get any further through the books.

I do have several projects on the go at the moment, although too many of them havent been getting played as well, which means I will have another load of models to sell at Carronade next year! 

How many game systems is too many? My current list of games I am actively interested in are:

Warmachine (Convergence just look so awesome)
Hordes (Circle & Trollbloods, love the models)
Deadzone (probably one of my favourite games at the moment)
Dreadball (easy to transport, fun and quick to play)
Dystopian Wars (love the models)
Firestorm Armada (love the models)

Not being someone who is a 'collector' per se its a real challenge to be happy with models just sitting on a shelf, or in a box in my wardrobe.

So... given that I havent got a game in the last few months, do I cut the number of systems down further (having already designed to end my turbulent relationship with GW), or do I learn to just keep the models I have, with the view of someday getting that zing back into my gaming relationship?

A tough decision at the moment and I am not sure of the best next steps... any advice gladly welcomed! 

Comments

I've always regretted selling armies hugely. You'll probably come back to the hobby, and you can't easily replace all that work. Plus an army is a snapshot of a moment in time, its an artwork. Keep them in mothballs, but don't sell them!