Necron Horde Revision (1750)



Seeing the previous iteration of this army here. Some ideas of how to improve the list.

More after the jump.



I have been toying with different ways to change and improve the list... they mainly stem around the Warlord that I chose to run with. So far the Resurrection Orbs are saving me between 90-150 points worth of models in a game, and the Staff of light certainly helps in killing off some enemies.

Overall I think they are a worthwhile investment for me at this time... but I appreciate that people may view it as 90 points spent on an extra 16.66% chance for me to get the models back... but it seems to be working for me so far!

Anyways.

The core of the list!

Regardless of who my Warlord is this is what will no change from one list to another, at the moment I am not sure on the drop of 6 Warriors and an Immortal for the Scarabs and extra points, but we will see how it plays. 

Royal Court
Necron Lord, Resurrection Orb, Staff of Light
Necron Lord, Resurrection Orb, Staff of Light
Necron Lord, Resurrection Orb, Staff of Light
Cryptek, Harbinger of Destruction, Eldritch Lance, Solar Pulse
 
Warriors x 16
Warriors x 16
Warriors x 16
Immortals x 8

Scarabs x 5
 
Triarch Stalker
Triarch Stalker
 
Annhilation Barge
Annhilation Barge
 
This comes in at 1565. Leaving me 185 points for Warlords and the like. 

First up is the Nemesor Zhandrek. He will give me some flexibility in removing enemy abilities while buffing my own units. He has a Phase Shifter and Resurrection Orb so all in all a good addition to my force.

Second is Trazyn the Infinite. He boosts me with another scoring unit, and a decent bump in survivability by shifting around to different models.

Thirdly we have Anakyr the Traveller, he would be hooked up with an Extra Immortal to get the most of out the Phyriyyan Eternals.

Finally we have the standard Overlord. He is kitted out with a Resurrection Orb, Mindshackle Scarabs, Sempiternal Weave, and brings along another Warrior and another Immortal. 

So four different HQ choices, what do you think? Which of the four would you take, and which would you ignore?

Comments

Mark said…
Since you're relying on foot hordes, why not change out those lords for Crypteks with Lightning Fields (which are great now). Plus, those same Crypteks can carry auto-glancing staves.

While you're at it, how about transports; some Ghost Arks to keep the Warriors alive, and/or some Scythes to just plain fly around and kill things, not to mention drop small squads on objectives during late game.