No problems with the casting or the parts here, and it is one very nice model.
The base you can see below was picked up from www.warbases.co.uk at Carronade.I think I got 10 for £1.60... not too shabby.
The shot above shows the three legs just balances on the base, at this point I hadn't quite decided how I would attach it to the base.
In hindsight this model would probably look better on a larger base allowing me to spread the legs out more. Personally I like the idea of the command module being higher up for that better view, but I think the different poses available are very good!
In the shot below you can see the base has had sand added to it, this is after I used Green stuff to give the legs something to catch on the base. Once that had set I used bird sand to base the model.
So I made the mistake of attaching the guns before painting the model... yes it was a mistake as I have already managed to knock one off maneuvering around it!
So after undercoating it black, I went for a Wazza Dakka red base coat, which is what you can see below. Its not quite the Orange I am looking for but its heading in the right direction at least!