Storm over Stirling!



This weekend I had a Warhammer tournament. I haven't played Warhammer since November, so the 6 games this weekend will get me upto speed and back in the grove!




We had 2400 points and a host of comp rules.

The main one that applies to me are:


  • Unit Sizes limited by point per model - 30 (in my case)
  • Maximum Number of War Machines - 6
  • Maximum Number of Shot per turn (excluding War Machines). - 50
So my list for the tournament is:

Dwarf Lord: Shield Bearers,
Runic Weapon: Master Rune of Swiftness, Rune of Cleaving x 2
Runic Armour: Rune of Preservation, Rune of Stone
Runic Talisman: Rune of Furnace.

Thane: Battle Standard Bearer,
Runic Standard: Master Rune of Grungi

Runesmith:
Runic Talisman: Master Rune of Balance, Rune of Spellbreaking

Thunderers x 10, Standard Bearer
Thunderers x 10, Standard Bearer
Thunderers x 10, Standard Bearer
Longbeards x 30, Veteran, Standard Bearer, Musician

Hammerers x 30, Gatekeeper, Standard Bearer, Musician

Cannon, Rune of Forging
Cannon, Rune of Forging, Rune of Burning
Cannon, Rune of Forging, Rune of Reloading

Organ Gun
Organ Gun

Total: 2400 Points

Below are the results of my games;

Game 1: Wood Elves - Win (12-8)
Game 2: Dwarves - Loss (4-16)
Game 3: Empire - Win (17-3)
Game 4: Lizardmen - Loss (1-19)
Game 5: Lizardmen - Win (12-8)
Game 6: Warriors of Chaos - Win (16-4)

Overall: 14th out of 30!

Not a bad tournament to get me back into it, and it has now spurred me on to painting more of my Dwarves and looking at getting back into Warhammer.

Big shout out to all the guys I played there, especially Graham & Darren as they both game me great games in 5 & 6. Against Darren we didnt know who had won till we counted up victory points!

Comments

fleshterror77 said…
Nice man, how would u build a beastmen army at 2500 pts? I'm jus gttng bac into fantastically and its been over 4 years any advice is appreciated
Kraggi said…
Hi Fleshterror, I have to admit my knowledge of building Warhammer Armies is pretty much limited to ma Dwarves at the moment. Never face Beastmen so I dont even have a passing knowledge of crap that unit is amazing!

I would always advice at least one or two solid blocks of footsloggers, something that can be steadfast and unlikely to run away.

BsB is a must give that it allows you to re-roll all leadership tests now, not just break checks.

Other than that i would try for a Hammer & Anvil Approach, just no idea what can do either of those in the Beastman army.

Hope that helps.